I love revamping things I find at Grarage Sales and Goodwill. This frame was found at my local Goodwill. I had to have it for on $5 and I ha...

Altered Picture Frame with Etchall and AH Designs Bling Splendor Collection

By 1:25 PM , , , , , , , , ,

I love revamping things I find at Grarage Sales and Goodwill. This frame was found at my local Goodwill. I had to have it for on $5 and I had to play with my Etcahll again too!!! Read below how I made this and check all the pics for yummy details.


 Here is the Frame I purchased from Goodwill in it's original condition!!


 I then Took my Gesso, and painted 4 coats on to the surface front and back after I removed the backing and the glass.


 I cut out a cameo pattern from my Silhouette Store. This is one of the many Cameo Patterns that are available for download. I used my Etchall Cream so that it would etc the glass around the Cameo design leaving the Cameo Design unetched!!

 Knowing that I was not going to put a backing on the piece I glue the Etched piece back in to the frame.



To give the piece an opaque look I used a sheet of Rowlux® multi-lensed thermoplastic film
in an opaque white. It almost gives it a ribbon look for the background. 

Then I began to decorate!!!!





 What I like about the way I have done the glass is that I can set a candle or a small light to illuminate the image! Etchall cream is an amazing product!!!












I hope this creation inspires you to run out and find fancy frames that you would not ordinary purchase.

Thank you for stopping by......

Your Professional Crafting Educator 

Angela Holt

You Might Also Like

4 comments